- What interested you about working with MCC Legacy Trust?
What interested me most about MCC Legacy Trust is the work we are involved in. We manage and develop a real estate portfolio of primarily donated property to further the missions work of MCC both globally and locally. I’ve worked with MCC in various capacities for 22 years now and I think Legacy Trust is a fantastic way to give back to MCC and the community.
- What is your favourite thing about your job? Why?
What I have loved about working with MCC over the past 22 years is the people. I’ve worked with a lot of great peers, developed friendships, and have helped the community, making a difference in the lives of individuals. I am excited to continue building valued relationships with the people of Legacy Trust.
- How has your previous work experience prepared you for working with MCC Legacy Trust?
My previous work experience has included the start-up and operations of businesses, management and facilitation of an asset development program, working with contractors and trades, and leading teams to successful outcomes. These experiences will help me to effectively manage my new responsibilities with Legacy Trust.
- What, in your opinion, is the best aspect of the culture of MCC as an organization?
MCC shares my faith based values. The culture of MCC gives us as staff the opportunity to be the hands and feet of the work of Jesus by positively impacting and helping our communities.
- If you had to be summed up in one word, which would it be and why?
I would choose the word “passionate” because when I commit to something, I’m all in and get excited about making a difference. I feel deeply, laugh enthusiastically, and commit wholeheartedly.
- If you were an animal which would you be?
I’ve been told I’m like a cheetah. I’m fast, have long legs and tend to do things rather quickly. I’ve been told there are three varying speeds: slow, fast and James’ speed.